Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wizzard Sleeve- Make The World Go Away



Maybe it's the return of Beavis & Butthead. Maybe it's the utter fucked upness of the world. Or maybe it's all of these planets and stars aligning. Whatever it is, here's another scummy drug punk record to review. These guys are from Alabama and as their song title "Alabama's Doomed" would imply, I guess they have some complex feelings about this. Scummy drug punk. I just wanted to type that again, because that's what this sounds like. And while I'm restating things that describe their sound, Alabama. I wouldn't say they're southern rock by any stretch, you can kinda tell that these guys definitely absorbed the sounds of their surroundings while growing up. So when they're playing their Crime-esque punk, some Southernisms can't help but slip into there. And I just now realized "Alabama's Doomed" is probably a reference to Crime's "San Francisco's Doomed."

I don't like the song "Chrome Intensifier" or "Excavate Heaven," though. Dude, I get it. You're fucked up. If you're going play all slow and psych-ish, at least do something interesting with it. Some of the other slow songs fair better, though. For instance, "Pterodactyl Meltdown" or "No Mongo." These manage to keep interest and momentum better. Kinda.

Wizzard Sleeve's Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment