Thursday, September 29, 2011

UV Race- Homo



When I saw Eddy Current Suppression Ring a few years ago I wasn't the most impressed. They were boring, to be honest. The music was alright recorded, but live, meh. I just can't shake that memory and UV Race shares at least one member. So, I don't know if it's just boredom by association, but I'm bored by this. Plus it sounds like garage for hipsters. I wanted to like these guys (I first heard of them through the Gonerfest 7 lineup), but I just don't think it's going to happen.

A recent metal head recently told my wife that punk has it right. In comparison to metal bands who need every note perfect even when live, punk bands just have fun and go and play sloppy. I don't get the fun and sloppy feeling from these guys, even with their garage required lo-fi recordings. They're from Ausralia, for Chrissakes! Where's the drunken abandon?

On the plus side, the songs that have the saxaphone ala The Stooges' Funhouse are my favorites. Those songs are alright enough, but it's not hard to get me to like punk songs with noisy saxes.

UV Race's Myspace

1 comment: