Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Redd Kross- Born Innocent



Fuck, I'm tired. It's been a long day, but I drank a lot of coffee and had to deal with bullshit with my (now foremer) employer who wasn't paying me. So, instead I'm listening to this album by Redd Kross. Redd Kross, I guess, fits into the power pop genre, but since nothing exists in a vacuum, they were influenced by the Southern California punk scene they were a part of. "Linda Blair" was on a compilation I heard when I was 13 and is partially responsible for getting me into punk. Or maybe it's punk with power pop influences. You can also hear garage, glam, metal, surf, bubblegum, etc. in their sound. They were truly pop song craftsmen, and not in a lame way like most people would mean when they call bands that.

Redd Kross's official website

No comments:

Post a Comment