Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Wax Museums- Eye Times



Yes! This has got to be my favorite album of the year. How are all these bands recently (i.e. the last year or two) emerging that so perfectly channel what made the Ramones so great and fun after decades of shitty bands who claim to be doing the same? Screeching Weasel? Give me a fucking break. Terrible! After hearing The Wax Museums along with Nobunny, The Mean Jeans, Hex Dispensers, et al, one wonders how that baggy shorts stuff ever got associated with the greatest rock 'n' roll band ever from Queens.
This record is just so cool. I mean these guys are so bored and angry (and when I say angry I mean funny) that they wrote "Between" about how they hate the space between your eyebrows. "Breakfast For Dinner" is the greatest song about afternoon delight since "Afternoon Delight." I'm gonna be listening to this for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment